PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SURGERY WITH COVID VACCINATION QUERIES
WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN IT IS YOUR TURN
We are currently vaccinating our
Clinically Vulnerable Patients
This is a large cohort so please bear with us as we are inviting you in stages, We have currently invited 25% of this group. You wll receive a text message which takes you to a link to book your appointment. If there is no appointment available please keep checking back as new dates are released regularly. Please note carers and patients with learning disabilites are part of this cohort. Click to check if you are in the clinically vulnerable list.
- If you have already had your vaccination at Portslade Health Centre or at any other site, you do not need to inform us; we will be notified via the NHS system.
- We call everyone three times and if we are unable to get through to you via telephone we will send you and sms and email you then send out a letter in the post to those we are unable to contact by phone or email.
- We will offer the vaccination to everyone in each cohort and you may decine or defer.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 you will have to wait 28 days to have the COVID-19 vaccination.
- We will give you the choice when we contact you of the Astra Zeneca or the Pfizer vaccination
Care Home residents and staff
All the patients and staff who can and wish to be be vaccinated have been vaccinated 1st dose.
All those 80 years of age and over
All our over 80s who can and wish to be be vaccinated have been vaccinated 1st dose.
Frontline health and social care workers
We have invited all our health and social care workers, but not all have responded. If you are a BHWC patient and a frontline health and social worker you have three options:
- You will have already been invited by BHWC to have your vaccination at the Portsalde Health Centre.
- You can book your appointment yourself through Workeforcevax.
- You may receive an NHS Invitation letter for a vaccination at Brighton Centre.
All those 75 years of age and over
All our patients between 75-79 years old who can and wish to be be vaccinated have been vaccinated 1st dose.
All those 70 years of age and over
All our patients between 70-74 years old who can and wish to be be vaccinated have been vaccinated 1st dose.
Clinically extremely vulnerable & clinically vulnerable patients
Clinically extremely vulnerable is the shielding group.
Following administration of the Pfizer vaccination, patients have to be observed for 15 minutes. The Astra Zeneca/Oxford vaccination does not have this requirement. We have therefore been offereing Astra Zeneca vaccination to our clinically extremely vulnerable patiens enabling you to be in and out of the building within 10 minutes. This is ideal for anyone who is worried about contact. When we contact you to book you in we will advise you on this but you will have the choice between the two. Read bout the Astra Zeneca Vaccine.
You will have received an sms/text message from BHWC on Wednesday 27th January if we have you registered as a carer. If you are a carer and have not received an sms/text message on Wednesday 27th January then please let us know by updating your details as explained below. Carers are in Cohort 6.
If you are housebound, you will have been contacted by Grace or Sue and they will have arranged for SCFT to vaccinate you at home. Some patients have been vaccinated by our nurse Sue. SCFT are vaccinating our housebound patients using the Astra Zeneca/Oxford vaccine as it is portable. They will be vaccinating all our housebound pateints this week. A nurse will call you a day or two before they visit you.
Update your details
If any of your details have changed, you can update your records using the online services. Supplying us with your correct information will assist us with delivering the COVID19 vaccinations and improve your future care by identifying accessibility needs and maintain accuracy of other health-related information.
Please go to your SystemOnline Account or use your Airmid app to complete the Personal Information Update Questionnaire (SystemOnline: got to questionnaires and Airmid: go to Surveys) and your data will be automatically added to your medical record. If you do not have your online registration details you can request these here.
When will you be invited for the first dose of your covid vaccination?
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers – INVITED
- All those 80 years of age and over – INVITED
- Frontline health and social care workers – INVITED
- All those 75 years of age and over – INVITED
- All those 70 years of age – INVITED and being reinvited this week
- Clinically extremely vulnerable people (the shielding group) – CURRENTLY BEING INVITED
- All those 65 years of age and over – INVITED
- Clinically vylnerable: All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality (clinically vulnerable) You should have received an sms/text message from BHWC on Wednesday the 27th of January to let you know that you are in this cohort. If you did not receive a message from us then you not clinically vulnerable.
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
- Rest of BHWC patients over 16 years old
If you are unable to get to the surgery, just let us know when we contact you and we will arrange free transport for you. Please do not abuse this system and only ask for this if needed.
BHWC COVID-19 Vaccination in the Press
Once you’ve had your first dose, just pretend it never happened by Shilpa Patel
Coronavirus: The woman leading Hove’s vaccination effort